It's another first, as WCW's quarterly(ish) classic free-TV supercard known as Clash of the Champions enters the Survey Says rotation! Will a skeptical Tim be won over to the event's charms now that Andy has successfully worn down his defenses? Given our extensive coverage of the promotion's impressive 1989 outings - and gushing praise for the Flair/Funk feud in particular - what better place to find out than the ninth installment, New York Knockout! Join us for a survey to include the following:
* Personal recollections and impressions of Clash as a series
* Kurosawa vs. Hawk as a workrate measuring stick
* Exiling The Freebirds to The Phantom Zone
* Anatomical Hot Takes starring: 1989 Bill Apter
* The origin of the Frankensteiner (no, really)
* Stan Lane as an under-the-radar missed opportunity?
* Four men with the same mullet
* The many lives of Jack Victory at Clash of the Champions
* Norman the Lunatic's celebrity lookalike
* Funk doing the best in-ring emoting
Bright lights. Big city. Leg breaks. Hot takes. Survey Says... even outside of Crockett Country, 1989 NWA delivers the goods.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.